Having a self-feeding child is no less than a blessing. Therefore, parents feel rewarding, whenever they see their child trying hard to get the food in his belly. But the process always turns out messier and put the parents on the job to clean the chair.
Luckily, cleaning the chair is not much difficult, you can easily get it cleaned. Only the straps are the part that can put you in a serious challenge. Because straps are usually made up of fabric that stains instantly, so you can’t just quickly clean it up like the rest of the chair.
You can’t even rely only on dish soap and water to clean the straps. And not even on the cleaning chemicals, as they leave the toxic residue behind, which is not only annoying but hazardous to your skin as well.
So, what’s the solution then?
The solution is to bear with us till the end, because in this guide on “How to Clean High Chair Straps?” we will make you learn about all queries of cleaning high chairs.
Let’s get right into it;
How to Clean High Chair Straps? [Easy Steps to Follow]
What do you need?
There are certain things that you must ensure by your side before starting the process, as they help you in cleaning the strap properly.
Here they are;
- Baking soda
- Soft brush
- Sterilizing Solution
Once, you get all of them. You can proceed with the practical steps that are explained below;
But before moving on, you need to identify whether your chair’s strap is removable or non-removable because the steps for both kinds of straps will be different.
Have you found out the type of your chair’s strap?
Let’s start exploring the steps required to make them clean.
How To Clean a Removable High Chair Straps
The following methods are for you only if your high chair has removable straps. Otherwise, better to move on to the next section.
- The cleaning becomes much easier if detached from the chair. Therefore, the very first step you need to follow; is to remove the strap from your chair.
- If you are inclined towards using a washing machine for cleaning it up. Just throw it inside. But bear in mind, you must put the strap in the wash bag before throwing it in.
- But if the washing machine is not your choice, you can do it manually with your hand. Add white vinegar or baking soda in the hot water to soak the strap for few hours. Meanwhile, scrub off the dirt with the help of a soft brush.
- If the stain remains there, after following all the steps. Better to step up and start using the bleach. However, it is not suggested to use bleach blindly on any strap. You must check out the strap material and look out for the instructions from the manufacturers, as some manufacturers do not allow you to use bleach on straps.
- As now you are done with all that, now comes the time to remove the traces of the detergent and bleach by rinsing the strap properly.
- The last thing that you need to do is to disinfect the strap with the usage of any sterilizing solution (preferably Milton Sterilizing fluid). If you don’t have this one, you can use any other sterilizing solution, which is claimed to be safe on baby items.
- All the hard work is done, now clean the strap with a towel once, and then let it dry out.
How To Clean a Non-Removable High Chair Straps
Well, if your High chair’s strap can’t be removed. Here’s a guide for you to follow;
- Take your chair out of your room, and put it in a place, where you won’t have any issue with the mess, and the water on the floor.
- Make soapy water in any tub. Pick up a towel or a clean cloth, and dip it inside the soapy water to use for rubbing the straps, while keeping them attached to the chair.
- Let the chair’s strap soak until the dried food and the build-up dirt gets softer and becomes easier to remove. It will take few hours, but will ultimately reduce your overall effort of rubbing and removing the dried food in straps.
- Start scrubbing the strap using the soft brush for removing the stains.
- Now the time is to use the bleaching agent, for those stains, which are getting removed. But before using the one, you must ensure that the strap manufacturers allow using them for cleaning. Because some don’t allow you to do so.
- Rinse the chair properly, and let it dry completely before bringing it back to its room.
- Disinfect the chair using white vinegar or the sterilizing solution (preferably Milton Sterilizing fluid).
Because of the straps being attached to the chair during the entire process, the cover of the chair also gets wet. Therefore, better to wipe all the chairs before rinsing the strap. This way you can also avoid the metal parts of the chair getting rusted.
But what’s the right way to clean the cover and Tray of the high chair?
Let me help you out with that as well;
How to clean high chair cover?
You must not only clean the cover if your strap is un-removable but also in case of a removable cover as well. Because the cover always remain exposed to the stain also, and if not properly cleaned, the odour and the bacteria can build up there.
Though, the cleaning process of the chair is fairly easy. Just put off the cover from the chair, and throw it directly into the washing machine. And then, let the machine do the rest of the cleaning work. Just keep it in mind, if the cover is of vinyl, always prefer to use cold water for cleaning it up.
Further, if the cover has already built an odour for any reason, either it is because of the vomiting, or anything else. You have to soak the cover, using baking soda and white vinegar before putting it in the washing machine.
How to clean the high chair tray?
Unlike the high chair’s strap, cleaning its tray can be done effectively with the water/dish soap and the cloth. Just wipe the tray with them, to turn it into the new one.
If not want to use them, you can get any high chair cleaner spray and a towel to wipe the chair. Similarly, vinegar will be used for the disinfection at the end, because of being the child safe and natural option for sanitization.
Leave a Reply