Sitting on an office chair for hours is not a fun experience. Rather it can be gruesome and uncomfortable if you do not have an office chair that is ergonomic and adjustable.
Your office chair’s seat angle is something that directly influences your muscles. When you are sitting in an optimum position by adjusting your seat. There is proper blood circulation in your hip, thighs, and back muscles.
Not only this but your overall posture and mood are also influenced by adjusting the office chair correctly. You must know how to adjust office chair seat angle to control for the correct posture that can keep you sitting comfortably for hours and hours.
Today we will be sharing with you some information that will influence the way you sit and the way you look after your office tasks. So, without any further wait let’s start discussing these aspects one by one.
How to Adjust Office Chair Seat Angle – The Do’s And Don’ts
1. Adjust The Chair Height To Your Liking
Modern office chairs have a pneumatic seat height adjustment which easily adjusts the height of your seat with a single touch. You have to simply press the lever and your seat can be lifted up and down accordingly.
The lever is usually on the right or the left side of the chair. It has up and down arrows that indicate the position in which your seat’s height will be changed.
Once you have the office chair in the optimum position you can easily attend to your work. The height of your chair should be aligned with your office desk for you to work effortlessly.
Otherwise, with a stagnant office chair, you might end up damaging your muscles by putting unnecessary stress on them.
2. Ensure Proper Blood Circulation
Sitting for hours is a rule of thumb in the corporate sector. You have to be on your toes sitting tightly at all times during the day. This can lead to poor blood circulation in your hips, back, and thigh region. The consequences of which can be drastic and disastrous in long term.
Therefore, it is recommended by doctors that a person sitting in an office chair should ensure proper blood circulation. The first aspect that helps in getting blood circulation in your muscles is investing in an ergonomic office chair.
Besides, some common tips help in boosting your blood levels and ensuring that your health is in check. What are these tips you might be thinking about? Well, let me pin down some of these tips in front of you below.
- Sit with your legs spaced slightly apart from each other and your feet on the floor
- You should also slightly elevate your legs from time to time to speed up circulation
- There should be casual walking sessions after every 2 3 hours of continuous sitting
- Try to stretch your muscles every day before going to work by incorporating a yoga session in your daily life
3. Adjust The Backrest & Armrest To Preferable Position Of Comfort
Another feature that you need to make use of while sitting is the armrest and backrest options. Most of the modern office chair comes with an adjustable backrest which allows you to sit comfortably and with correct posture.
An adjustable backrest has multiple positions that you can try and then accordingly sit in the position of most comfort. This backrest feature will ensure that your spine is in the correct position for proper contact with the lumbar support mechanism.
Not only will this improve your spine condition, but you will also be improving your overall posture. So, it is advisable to invest in an office chair that comes with a fully adjustable backrest.
Armrests alignment is pretty much popular among folks that work on a desk for hours. There are multiple benefits of having an office chair with flexible armrests.
This armrest ensures that your overall posture is improved in every sense possible. Make sure that you set the armrest position such as that your arms fit right under the desk. In this way, you can work effortlessly without putting any extra pressure on your wrists.
4. Make Use Of Office Chair Tilt Mechanism
Tilt tension is a remarkable innovation that comes with some modern office chairs. This tilt mechanism allows you to keep moving even when you are sitting comfortably in your seat. Almost every modern office chair includes an amazing tilt mechanism.
Now, how this works is pretty simple. There is a tilt tension control inside the mechanism which dictates your movement back and forth. Usually, there is a single knob beneath your chair that you can use to set the tilt tension.
Once you have learned the office chair tilt mechanism your office life will become easy, relaxing, and fun. You can relieve the tension building in the back muscles by constantly moving back and forth through this mechanism.
5. Put Lumbar Support In Your Correct Usage To Enable Proper Back Support
Most of the modern office chairs are equipped with 3D lumbar support. This lumbar support is heaven-made, especially for folks with severe back pain. However, some of us still cannot have a bite at the cherry because our posture doesn’t fit right in accordance with lumbar support.
Ensuring that the lumbar support is adjusted and is in the proper place is as important as having it inside the chair in the first place.
Now, the next thing you might be wondering is how we will know whether lumbar support fits us right or not. Well, there are several ways of knowing how lumbar support should interact with your back.
- Watch YouTube Videos that educate about correctly using lumbar support.
- The general guideline is that the lumbar support should go right in with the natural curve of your back just above the beltline.
- You can also read the instruction manual that comes with your office chair. The instruction manuals sometimes contain information on how to adjust the lumbar support feature of your chair.
Know More About Office Chairs And Invest Wisely
Adjusting an office chair can be a gruesome task if your chair doesn’t come with the essential ergonomic easy-to-use design. Once you have invested in an office chair you can’t get a new one right away.
So, you must have an idea about the know-how of your office chair. Below are some useful tips that I am sharing with you. Make sure that you go through these tips and invest in an office chair accordingly.
- First things first, your office chair should have an ergonomic design. The ergonomics of an office chair greatly improve your sitting experience by a mile. Make sure that your new chair has a comfy and cozy design that can cater to your comfort needs.
- Secondly, it is essential to have an office chair that has proper adjustability features. Your office chair should enable you to adjust it completely. This will encounter any discomfort which you might currently face with your existing chair.
- Another favorite feature that vastly adds to comfort is having a breathable mesh back. The breathable mesh back has an open-air feel to it. The air conditioning system in your workplace can easily provide coolness to your back through this breathable mesh back design.
Some Last Words:
Knowing the right ways of how to adjust office chair seat angle can combat any discomfort which you might be facing. Getting rid of unnecessary back pain caused by adjusting the seat angle can provide your body with a comfortable experience.
In this regard, I have pinned down all the possible ways in which you can adjust your office seat angle.
I have also included some additional material focusing on the comfort, relaxation, and ergonomics aspects of an office chair. Do read them out it will barely take a few minutes out of your precious time.
Leave a Reply